USA Wrestling seeks to hire a Director of Finance to lead the organization in financial, accounting, and regulatory matters. The successful applicant will report to the Executive Director and work alongside other directors to facilitate a high-performance athletic environment, while maintaining a high level of fiscal integrity. Applicants are expected to have experience in non-profit financial management, accounting (CPA preferred), and the ability to manage and negotiate complex situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with high-level decisions about financial policy and strategy.
• Manage finance staff and help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
• Oversee the organization’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
• Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws, U.S. Olympic and Paralympic, and other regulatory agency requirements and regulations.
• Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
• Review financial reports with the Executive Director, other Directors, and any committee or board members who require additional detail, explanation, or further granularity.
• Conduct and serve as staff liaison to the Finance and Audit committees.
• Take part in all meetings and conferences calls where financial information is presented or could be required.
• Collaborate with staff, committee, and board members to develop and execute strategic and long-term plans.
• Work with outside vendors and staff to evaluate and implement technology-based solutions that increase efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of financial management, accounting, reporting, and office forms.
• Review and manage organizational compliance with the Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Provide oversight of investment assets and serve as liaison to outside investment firms in accordance with the USAW Investment Policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Master’s degree in accounting or CPA preferred
• Experience in a senior management position.
• Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of non-profit financial statements, the budgeting process, and internal reporting.
• Experience with corporate governance. Non-profit governance experience is preferred.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Experience with budget management, public accounting, the audit process, and cash flow management.
• Able to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences, both in written and oral form.
• Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background screen administered by USA Wrestling’s provider
• Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and prior to interacting with athletes.
Hiring Pay Range:
Compensation commensurate with experience.
$90,000 – $110,000 per year
• Paid vacation, personal and sick time
• Approximately 12 paid holidays per year
• 403 (b) retirement plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Employer paid life insurance
The USA Wrestling Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO – ability to work from the office is required.
USA Wrestling is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Application Process: Interested candidates shall send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until April 14, 2023.