A global leader in climate finance solutions is looking for a financial accountant passionate about crunching numbers and making an impact to reach a net-zero status.
Deadline: 3 March 2022
An AltGen client is looking for a strong Sustainability Financial Accountant to join their winning team, someone who has worked in a company with multiple internal stakeholders dotted across the world. Given the nature of the business and its large climate finance portfolio of clean infrastructure projects across the globe, they are needing someone who would be thrilled about the potential to travel internationally.
The candidate will be a professional who has their CA(SA), is exceptionally detail orientated (nothing gets past your thorough vetting), who has a wealth of knowledge in tax-related matters and who never misses a deadline.
You will find yourself handling matters pertaining to the treasury, creating and optimising on best in-house accounting processes and implementing the latest accounting standards. You will enjoy problem-solving challenging accounting concepts… in fact, you thrive off dealing with complex accounting problems!
If you are ready to take on your next challenge and forge a name for yourself with one of the major climate finance firms globally, this is your chance!
Also of interest to you:
Renewable energy investment uncoordinated says Oxford study on Africa
- Chartered Accountant (CA) (SA) qualification
- Membership with SAICA is a plus
- 2+ years of post articles experience in a commercial and/or corporate environment
- 4 – 6 years of experience at senior management level
- Previous experience in financial and management accounting as well as with reporting systems with a large company
- Brilliant knowledge of tax related matters and accounting standards
- Robust understanding of systems of internal control and financial compliance matters
RESPONSIBILITIES: SUSTAINABILITY FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
You will be responsible for ensuring that the firm’s accounting needs are in order and that all reporting, forecasting and budget matters are seen to! This role requires someone who enjoys optimising and improving systems and ensuring that best practices are carefully adhered to.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail as well as analytical skills
- IT literate, especially with Microsoft Office
- Well-developed financial and management accounting skills
- Ability to work well in both the South African and International Context
- Ability to work independently and manage others
- Thrive in a fast-paced changing environment
APPLY HERE for the sustainability financial accountant job vacancy through AltGen!